Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lies we all tell our dogs


Anyone who shares a home with a pooch understands patience is a top priority (and a sense of humor doesn't hurt either). To keep our canines content (and ourselves sane), we sometimes find ourselves bending the truth just a little.

Admit it, at times we've all been guilty. Here are examples of some half-truths we tell our dogs:

1. Bath day? No, we just want to take your collar off for a while.

2. I didn't clear out any of your old bones from behind the sofa. You must have moved them yourself.

3. Time to go out for a walk. You won't even notice the hailstorm.

4. No, we're not taking you to the vet. We're just going for a little ride in the car.

5. Stop complaining. Your doggy basket is every bit as comfy as our bed.

6. Must be your imagination. Who'd mix in vegetables with your dinner? Vitamins? Where'd you get the silly idea you have doggy vitamins hidden in your food?

7. An old sock is just as good a birthday present as an expensive dog toy from the pet shop.

8. It's exactly the same as before; your dog pillow didn't shrink in the wash.

9. I'm sure some beast didn't come into our yard during the night and steal your favorite squeaky toy. Don't worry - we'll find it.

10. What a beautiful doggy sweater Grandma knitted for you. I'm sure you'll be proud to wear it around the neighborhood.

11. Your new haircut looks even to me.

6 comments:

E said...

When I was 5, I refused to take my medicine unless it was wrapped in cheese...just like my dog.

What did you do in Germany for 25 years? What made you move to Greece. Is it warm there right now?

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I love when I click on a name to see where it leads and get to read a great post! That was pretty funny!

-kara

Amy Cates said...

My Boston terrier will follow me anywhere if I yell, "We're going to the BANK. Hop on in!"

And thanks for visiting my blog!

Amy

Roberta said...

Eliza, cute about the cheese!

Future Crazy Cat Lady said...

I lie to my dog very often. In fact, just the other day I threw a dog treat in the bathtub and told Gus (my dog), "What? Why would I give you a bath?"

Roberta said...

Cameo, I fear Gus is on to you.